For those of you who have never had Indian, it is probably my favorite ethnic cuisine. Though it's difficult to find really authentic Indian food in the Midwest, the food is still fantastic, hearty, and flavorful. My favorite dish to get is Saag Paneer, spinach and cream with homemade cheese cubes. Some other great things to get are the Lamb Korma,Chicken Tikka Masala, and Chicken Tikka Saag. I am not a huge spice fan, so I usually get a level of 3, which results in just enough. The spice level is 1-6 with 6 being the highest. Also, don't forget to order naan (Indian bread) with your dish. My favorites are Garlic Naan and Aloo Naan.
- Krishna India
- This is probably my favorite place to get Indian takeout in Cincinnati. Their service is quick and consistent and the food is always delicious.
- Deep India
- For those who live in the Clifton Area, Deep India delivers which is a huge plus. Since I do not live there, this place ranks second. Though they do have consistently good food, the service tends to be a bit slow and the naan, not as well made.
- A mainstay for UC students, this small restaurant off of West McMillan offers up huge, steaming bowls of Pho and Vermicelli noodles on the cheap.
- Pho Lang Thang
- Their small restaurant on the east side of Findlay Market serves some of the best food I've had in a while. Their Pho is more flavorful and authentic than Cilantro's while the Banh Mi sandwiches are the perfect lunch option. Unfortunately, they do not allow Pho on takeout order because the hot liquid melts the container. However, ordering a Banh Mi and some Vietnamese coffee makes a great meal that is worth the drive.
- Thai Taste
- Being a Westsider, this restaurant on Crookshank is a great place to hit up on a hectic weekday night. Just one order of the Pad Thai is enough to feed two. They also have a small selection of sushi that is pretty mediocre but still fine.
- Thai Express
- Their heaping bowls of stir fry noodles are worth the drive up the hill to Clifton. It is been said to be a more authentic alternative to other Thai places. Though the menu is pretty small, the prices are more than reasonable and the service is fast.